Assoc. Prof. Sitanon JESDAPIPAT, Ph.D.
126/2612 Tiwanon Rd., Pakred, Nonthaburi 11120, Thailand
Nationality: Thai; Mobile (6690)9730160; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview: Sitanon Jesdapipat has had over two decades of teaching and research experience in natural resources, environmental economics, climate change policy and research methods, at the undergraduate and graduate levels. He took early retirement from Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, in 2006. Serving on various committees, he also services Thai governments and international organizations such as WTO, UN organizations, ADB and selected NGOs, in the technical advisor capacity, the experience which enables him to have a deep understanding of the government and non-government sectors. He also roots his role at the regional level, and at the local community level, to bridge the gap between policy formulation and reality on the ground. Being presently an independent consultant and Vice Dean for International Affairs, at the College of Social Innovation, Rangsit University, Thailand, he aims to use his knowledge and experience to improve policy formulation—and to bring experience back to improving upon universities’ roles in the society. His most recent achievement includes a draft Cambodian Climate Change Strategic Plan and an ADB report on Thailand development. He is now working on a Climate Change Strategic Adaptation Plan for Eastern Region of Thailand.
1980-1984 Ph.D., University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, USA, with Scholarship of the Royal Thai Government in Agricultural Economics
1978-1980 M.Sc., Ag.Ec., Pennsylvania State University, USA, with Scholarship of the Royal Thai Government, in Agricultural Economics
1973-1977 B.Sc., Ag.Ec., Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand in Agricultural Economics
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
1998 Climate Change Policy; Harvard University’s Executive Training Workshop, Cambridge, MA, USA
Project Cycle and Logical Framework Analysis; GEF Training Workshop held in Hanoi
1994 Environmental Economics and Policy Analysis; A training by Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA); A workshop organized by CIDA (Canadian International Development Agency), Bangkok, Thailand
Present Vice Dean for International Affairs, College of Social Innovation, Rangsit University, Thailand
Present: Guest Lecturer at AIT; Asian Development Institute for Community-based Energy and Technology (adiCET), Chiangmai; Phrayao University; Rajbhat Chiangrai; School of Economics and Social Policies, Srinakharind Wiroj University; Faculty of Economics, Chulalongkorn University; Prapokkraw Institute
2009-Present Member, National Committee on Biodiversity Conservation and Use, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment; and Working Committee for Thailand Climate Change Master Plan
- Provide policy advice to the National Focal Point for Biodiversity, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
PAST POSITIONS HELD
2010-2012 Associate, SEA START Regional Center
- Conduct research in climate change policy, trade and sustainable development, and economic instruments
- Manage “Thailand Climate Forum” and Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) in SEA START Regional Center
2011-2012 Senior Climate Change Policy Advisor, Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy (ONEP) (National Focal Point), Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
- Provide technical and substantive advice to the National Focal Point
- Assist the re-organization of the Climate Change Office, Thailand’s National Focal Point
- Provide other advices to serve the functions of the National Focal Point, including climate change negotiations
- Project Advisor and Lead Author for the completion of the Climate Change Master Plan for Thailand
2011-2012 Member, IPCC Task Force Group on IPCC Procedures
- Provide critical review and recommendations on the IPCC process
2008-2009 Advisory CDM Board Member, Industrial Forest Organization, Thailand
- Provide policy advice on the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)
2008-2009 Member, Working Group, the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia, ERIA, Japan (Now dissolved)
- Produce policy papers for ASEAN community
- Engage in policy dialogues, occasionally
2007-2009 Technical Advisor, Red Cross/ Red Crescent Climate Centre, the Netherlands
- Advise National Societies of Southeast Asian Red Cross/ Red Crescent in streamlining climate change into disaster risk management and humanitarian works
- Represent the RC/RC Climate Centre in Southeast Asia in technical capacity
2005-2009 Member, National Committee on Environmental Impact Assessment, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
- Serve as an environmental economics expert on the committee, which approves EIA reports
2005-2007 Member, Thailand National Sub-committee on Climate Change, National Environment Board
- Provide policy advice
- Approves climate change projects and advises governments in climate change related matters
- At times, represent government in climate change negotiation
- Act as resource person on climate change for government
2006-2007 Country Director and Policy Director, WWF Greater Mekong Programme
- Indentify and develop policy options that challenge conservation efforts in the Greater Mekong Region
- Fundraise for projects, plan and implement financial plans
- Monitor progress and reporting in project implementation
- Liaison and communicate with stakeholders and other organizations and funders
- Disseminate policy information to support operations of WWF Greater Mekong Programme
- Supervised staff members in the Thailand office
2006-2007 Chairman, Thailand GEF Climate Change Subcommittee, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
- Establish criteria and screening project proposals submitted for GEF/RAF funding, and report to the National GEF Focal Point
- Advise project proponents on necessary improvements
1997-2006 Executive Director, Centre for Ecological Economics, Faculty of Economics, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Supporting and teaching in the International Master and Ph.D. Degree Programs in Environment and Natural Resources Economics within the Faculty
- Raising fund for research and public education activities
- Provide public services in terms of lectures and acting as resource persons in seminars of government, NGOs, trade organizations, the Royal Project, and the private sectors
1998-2006 Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Taught microeconomics and environmental economics at the undergraduate level, also taught research methods and advanced microeconomics at the graduate level
- Advise master degree-level theses and Ph.D. dissertation in areas related to climate change, economic instruments and trade and environment
1998-2003 Assistant Program Director, International Environmental Economic Programme, Chulalongkorn University
- Major administrative responsibilities include student recruits, financial planning and providing advisory services to students
1996-1997 Natural Resources Management Program Director, Thailand Environment Institute, Bangkok, Thailand
- Supervise staff in the Natural Resources Management Program to conduct research in a wide-range of areas, including climate change, trade and environment, natural resources management and biodiversity
- Working under the Council and Board of Directors, participate in strategic corporate planning and administration, identifying, fund-raising and executing research projects
- Interact with clients, including government branches and ministries, UN, ASEAN Secretariat, private sector and other NGOs
- Provided in-house technical backstopping for research programs and projects
1984-1995 Associate Professor and Department Head, Faculty of Business Economics, Maejo University, Chiangmai, Thailand
- Taught economic development and microeconomics at the graduate and undergraduate levels
- Supervised students’ theses
- Conduct research in areas related to highland development, and agricultural economics
- Initiated two undergraduate programs (Environmental economics and Agricultural economics) and one master degree program in Agricultural economics, which are currently offered by the Faculty of Economics
- Established an academic link with University of Alberta to develop the curricular for Environmental economics
MAJOR SHORT-TERM CONSULTANCY
Present Strategic Climate Change Adaptation Plan for Eastern Thailand, Office of National Environmental Policy and Planning, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Thailand
EIA study for Suwannabhumi Airport Runway Expansion, Airport Authority of Thailand, UEA Consultant
2012 Climate Change Policy Specialist, UNDP Cambodia, to draft Cambodia’s Climate Change Strategic Plan
2012- mid 2013 Climate Change Research Specialist, ADAPT Asia-Pacific – Developing a Strategic Plan for Applied Climate Change Research in Thailand
2012 Climate Change Policy Advisor, UNDP Thailand, to draft full GEF/UNDP project proposal for Low Emission Capacity Building Project for Thailand
2012 Consultant, Asian Development Bank, Diagnosing Critical Constraints to Growth and Structural Transformation in Selected Developing Members Countries – Sector Specialist- Environment and Climate Change (42337-012)
2011-12 Climate Change Policy Specialist, UNDP Cambodia, to draft Cambodian Climate Change Strategic Plan, under Cambodian Climate Change Alliance (CCCA)
2011 Climate Change Expert, in Three river run-off dams: Sanakham Dam Development Project; Pak Bang Dam Development Project; and Pay Lay Dam Development Project, Lao PDR.
2010-2011 Project Coordinator, GEF.UNIDO Climate Change Full Project Brief Formulation for UNIDO, Overcoming Policy, Market and Technological Barriers to Support South-South Climate Technology Transfer: The Case of Ethanol from Cassava, for the National Science and Technology Development Agency, NSTDA, Ministry of Science and Technology, Thailand
2009 Consultant, GEF Climate Change Project Formulation for UNIDO, Overcoming Policy, Market and Technological Barriers to Support South-South Climate Technology Transfer: The Case of Ethanol from Cassava, for the National Science and Technology Development Agency, NSTDA, Ministry of Science and Technology, Thailand
2008 Leader, GEF Project Formulating Team, Catalyzing Sustainability of Thailand’s Protected Areas Systems, the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Protection, Thailand
National Climate Expert, the Asian Development Bank, Regional Review of the Economics of Climate Change in Southeast Asia (RRECCS), Thailand
2007-2008 Leader, Capacity Building for Post Kyoto Regime, Research project sponsored by APN, granted to SEA START
2005 Consultant, Thailand: Building Capacity for Climate Vulnerability and Adaptation and Resilience to Climate Risks. Units for Social and Environment Research, USER, Chiangmai University
Consultant, Valuation of non-timber benefits from, and protective values of mangrove forests in Tsunami affected areas in Southern Thailand, IUCN and UNEP
Consultant, Underground water master plan, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
Consultant, Managing above- and underground water conjunctive use, Department of Underground Water, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
Consultant, Enhancing private sector participation in wastewater and solid waste management, for the office of Natural Resources and Environment Policy and Plan
Consultant, Prepare a paper on bundling small CDM projects in Thailand, for UNEP Riso Center for Climate Change
Consultant, Prepare a paper on Thailand’s strategic role in GMS for accession of India, for Consumer Union for Trade and Sustainable Development (CUTS)
Consultant, Prepare a paper on the evolution of environmental governance of Thailand, 2002-2005, for IUCN
2002 Lead Consultant, United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in Project on Environmental Services and Human Development. The project aims to strategize selected Asian countries in negotiating the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) in the World Trade Organization (WTO), with human development goals
Consultant, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) for the UNCTAD/FIELD Project on Building Capacity for Improved Policy Making and Negotiation on Key Trade and Environment Issues. I drafted a scoping paper for this regional project and assisted in regional conferences organized during the period
Fellow and team member, Thailand Research Fund Public Forum for Thailand’s Rio +10 Process, to raise public awareness on sustainable development debates and Thailand’s commitment to the Rio Process
National Consultant, Thailand National Mekong Committee (TNMC). Advise TNMC on issues related to environmental, economic and social transboundary analysis of Water Utilization Project Working Group 2. The output will be used in Mekong River Commission’s Basin Development Program
2001 Chief Local Technical Advisor, Exploring Feasibilities to Introduce Economic Instruments to Environmental Protection. Assists International Technical Advisor in advising capacity building efforts in the Ministry of Finance, Thailand. Also, leading a team of multidiscipline experts who help support necessary demands that might emerge
2001 Climate Change National Expert for the capacity building Project of UNIDO. Establish a process in identifying and formulating industrial projects that might be qualified for CDM projects. Outputs are prototype projects that can be readily become initial portfolios for CDM consideration
2000 Project Evaluation Expert, The task was to evaluate the Thailand component of the Sustainable Management of Resources in the Lower Mekong Basin Project of GTZ-Mekong River Commission Secretariat
1998, 2000 National Expert, Livestock and Environment. Food and Agriculture of the United Nation (FAO). The first engagement was to review status of the relationship between environmental protection and livestock production. The second project was to assess the economics of integrating the livestock and crop production, and policies to support area-wide integration (AWI) of crop and livestock production
PROFESSIONAL AFFLIATION AND SERVICES
(1) Member, Expert Group on Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), under the National Environment Board. The task is to scrutinize EIA processes and reports for the Thai Government
(2) Advisor, Subcommittee on Sustainable Development of the Senate, Committee on Foreign Relations, Thailand. The mandate is to give advice to the Subcommittee on its task related to Thailand’s implementation of Agenda 21, international environmental agreements and other related agreements
(3) Member, National Subcommittee on Environmental Economics. under the National Environment Board. Task is to provide policy advice on trade and environment as well as applications of economic instruments for environmental protection
(4) Board Member, International Center for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD), Geneva. 1997-2001. Serving as board member to set policy for ICTSD
(5) Board Member, Centre for Development Policy Studies (CdePS), Chulalongkorn University. 2007-Present
(6) Steering Committee Member, Working Group on Environment, Trade and Investment (GETI), Commission on Environmental, Economic and Social Policy (CEESP), IUCN, Geneva, 2002-2007. GETI has been mandated to help CEESP in identifying the IUCN niche in trade and environment
(7) Member, Working Committee on Clean Development Mechanism, CDM, Thailand
(8) Member, Expert Committee on Policy on Conflict Resolution, especially related to Major Projects, National Environment Board, Royal Thai Government. 2002-Present
(9) Advisor, Royal Initiative Project, Pilot Integrated Land-Use for Poor communities. Huay Sai, Petchaburi Province, Central Thailand. 2000-Present. Assist the Project in formulating and executing a pesticide-free vegetable production and marketing, as well as establishing quality control mechanisms
(10) Advisor, Forest Industry Organization (FIO), a state timber enterprise. 1999-Present. The major task is to assist FIO in setting new strategies in its core business, which will exploit green movement as well as other opportunities such as carbon sinks and related research opportunities
(11) External Reviewer, Academic Performance for Academic Positions, Research Reports, etc. of Faculty of Economics, Kasetsart University, Thammasat University and Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok
(12) Chairman, Working Committee on Integrated Product Policy (IPP), a special committee to advise the National Subcommittee on Environmental Economics, National Environment Board, Thailand, 2002
(13) Member, Working Committee on Thailand Mekong Basin Development Plan, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
(14) Advisor, Designated National Authority for Clean Development Mechanism (DNACDM), Thailand, Present
(15) Member, Danish Core Experts on Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Thailand
(16) Member, Working Committee on CDM Benefit Sharing, National Environment Board. Major responsibilities are to establish criteria and them in screening CDM projects that are submitted to the CDM National Focal Point for approval
(17) Member, Advisory Committee of Project on Rapid Trade and Environment Assessment, International Institute for Trade and Sustainable Development, 2007. The major task is to advise IISD on its trade and environment project operating in Thailand and Laos
(18) Member, Rice Policy Review Committee, Ministry of Commerce, January-April 2007. Major responsibility is to review the rice policy of Thailand and report results to the Minister of Commerce
(19) Advisor, Research Division of the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC), Thailand (present)
“Thailand Climate Change Master Plan, 2011-2050”, Submitted to the Royal Thai Government, by Office of Natural Resources and Environment Policy and Planning, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (THAI). 2011.
“Research Policy in the Context of Low Carbon Economy and Sustainable Development”, a research report submitted to the Department of Environmental Quality Promotion, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, 2010. (THAI)
“Enhancing Strategic Participation in the Promotion of Green Economy and Sustainable Development for Thailand” A report submitted to the Department of Environmental Quality Promotion, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, 2010. (THAI).
“Low carbon development strategies for Thailand and selected developing countries of Southeast Asia”, a paper submitted to OECD, Paris, France, 2010.
“Climate Change Policy Research Agendas for Thailand: towards a Sustainable, Resilient and Low-Carbon Economy”, a Scoping Paper submitted to Stockholm Environment Institute Asia Center, 2009.
“Economics of Thailand Climate Change” a research report submitted and published by Asian Development Bank, 2009.
“Advancing Climate Technology Transfer in Post-Kyoto Regime: A New Proposal to Bridging Existing Gaps”, a paper presented at EEPSEA Annual Meeting in Bali, February 13-15, 2008.
“Redesigning Future Sustainable Climate Regimes, Streamlining Equity and Technology into Post-2012 Climate Regimes”, UNU Publication, 2007.
“Climate and Trade: Implications for Post-Kyoto Regimes”, UNU Book, 2007.
“Architecture of Post-Kyoto Options”, report to APN Project, NIES, Tsukuba, Japan, 2006.
“Promoting Renewable Energies in Thailand through CDM”, a paper submitted to the Wuppertal Institute, Germany, 2006.
“Why developing countries should abandon Kyoto Protocol”, CEE Occasional Discussion Paper, CEE, July 1, 2002.
“Kyoto Protocol: The Second Best Option for Developing Countries”, CEE Occasional Discussion Paper, CEE, August 2, 2002.
“Enabling Small CDM Project Bundling in Thailand: A Strategic Assessment”, a report submitted to Riso UNEP, Demark.
“Thailand Climate Change Policies in the Global Context”, a Thailand Research Fund Paper, October 10, 2002. (THAI)
“Thailand Case Study”, a report from the UNIDO project UC/RAS/01/107: Capacity Mobilization to Enable Industrial Projects under the Clean Development Mechanism, Vienna, UNIDO, 2002.
“ASEAN Countries and Potential CDM Projects: a Presentation Brief”, UNIDO Side Event at COP7 at Marrakesh, Morocco, November 1, 2001.
“GHG mitigation in Thailand” in Wood Energy, Climate and Health, International Expert Consultation, Phuket, Thailand, October 7-9, 1999, Regional Wood Energy Development Programme in Asia, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 105-109, April 2000.
“Thailand’s transport sector policy: meeting local and global environmental demands”, a discussion paper presented at Cairo-UN Roundtable on Transportation Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Development, Cairo, Egypt, sponsored by the United Nation, the World Bank and the Ministry of Transport-Egypt, December 5-7, 1999.
“National Communication”, a report submitted to the Royal Thai Government, 1999.
“Global Warming: A New Development Burden for Thailand?”, a paper presented at Thailand Environment Institute’s 1999 Annual Conference, Sirikit Convention Center, February 25, 1999.
“Environmental policy framework for encouraging capital investment in the power sector of Thailand”, a paper presented at International Energy Agency workshop on Financing Cleaner Fossil Power Generation in Asia, held in Singapore, November 17-19, 1998.
“Asia Least-cost Greenhouse Gas Abatement Strategy (ALGAS)”, a final report (2 volumes) for the Thai Government and the Asian Development Bank, 1998.
“Carbon crediting: An instrument for leverage in GHGs reduction”, Thailand Environment Institute, NRM Working Paper
“United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change”, a translation of the Convention into Thai by Thailand Environment Institute and the Office of Environmental Policy and Planning (in press), (THAI)
“National policies and strategies for mitigating Greenhouse Gases emissions and adaptation to climate change”, a report submitted to US Climate Change Country Studies, Thailand Environment Institute, Bangkok, 1998.
“Economics of international relations in the context of the Framework Convention on Climate Change”, Convention on Climate Change, Thailand Environment Institute, 1997. (THAI)
“National climate change policy and strategy for Thailand”, a Thailand’s Position Paper submitted to the Office of Environmental Policy and Planning (OEPP), the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment, 1997. (THAI)
“From North to South: shifted responsibilities in reducing GHGs emissions”, NRM Working Paper 97/01, Thailand Environment Institute, 1997.
“Understanding Climate Change: A beginners guide to UN Framework Convention”, Thailand Environment Institute, a Thai translation of the UNEP English version, funded by OEPP and UNEP, July 1996.
“Thailand’s responses to Climate change: an analysis of critical sectors”, research report presented at Thailand Environment Institute’s 1996 Annual Conference, Bangkok Convention Center, Central Plaza, Bangkok, 1996
TRADE AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
“Participation Strategy to Promote Green Economy for Thailand”, a research report submitted to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, 2010. (THAI)
“Climate and Trade Regimes with Special Emphasis on the Thai-US FTA”, supported by Thailand Research Fund, 2005. (THAI)
“India-GMS Trade and Investment Corridor: Possible Role and Responsibility of Thailand”, CUTS-CITEE Briefing Paper, MGR, March 2005.
“Assessing Thailand’s Strategic Role in the GMS”, presented to CUTS-CITEE, India, 2005.
“Assessing Environmental Impacts of Thai-US FTA”, supported by Thailand Research Fund, 2005. (THAI)
“Environmental Services and Human Development”, in Sieh Le Mei Ling with Celene Chang (eds.) Investment, Energy and Environmental Services: Promoting Human Development in WTO Negotiations, Contributions to the Conference on University of Malaya, UNDP/Asia Trade Initiative and Malaysian Institute of Economic Research, Kuala Lumpur, August 7-8, 2003.
“Thailand Public Policies and Sustainable Development”, a paper presented at NGOs Caucus on Sustainable Development, at RECOF, Bangkok, Thailand, organized by WWF (Thailand), June 24, 2003. (THAI)
“Negotiating Environmental Services: What is in it for Human Development in Developing Countries?”, a paper presented at TUCED/I&U, Malaysia, August 4, 2003.
“A Regional Synthesis on Asian Experience in Environmental Services Trade and Human Development”, a Technical Support Document submitted to UNDP, June 2003.
“Environmental Services and Human Development: A Perspective from the Kingdom of Thailand”, a Technical Support Document submitted to UNDP, June 2003.
“Gains and Commitments of Thailand in the WSSD”, a Seminar paper for The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Proceeding for a seminar workshop on Thailand and Global Sustainable Development, held at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, October 2002. (THAI)
“What has Thailand Achieved from Johannesburg?”, a seminar paper for Thailand Research Fund Seminar on September 27, 2002, Republished in Surichai Wankaew (ed.) Sustainable Development in Globalizing World and Thailand’ Direction. Bangkok, December Publisher, (THAI)
“Quest for Sustainability: Thailand Development in Transition”, Thailand Research Fund White Paper, 2002. (THAI)
“Trade, poverty and environment in Southeast Asia”, a paper presented at the UK Embassy Workshop on Trade, Environment and Poverty, Bangkok, March 5, 2001.
“Application of Economic Instruments to Environmental Management in Thailand”, a research report submitted to the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) by Chulalongkorn University, co-author with others. (THAI)
“Development, Investment and the Environment”, a draft paper for UNEP under its GEO-2 Project
“Trade and environment: Thailand’s mixed experience”, in Pearson, Charles, International Economics of Trade and Environment, Cambridge University, 2000.
“Trade and Environment: Thailand at a Crossroad”, a paper presented at Annual Conference, Thailand Environment Institute, Emeral Hotel, Bangkok, November 9, 2000. (THAI)
“Trade and environment in Asia and the Pacific: in search of a development synergy”, a discussion paper presented at ICTSD’s Asia Policy Dialogue on Globalization, Trade Liberalization and Sustainable Human Resource Development Workshop, United Nations Building, Bangkok, November 26, 1999.
“Thailand’s Investment and Environment Revisited”, a discussion paper presented at Hague, the Netherlands, January 28, 1999.
“Impacts of environmental measures on Thailand’s trade in the global market”, For Quality, Vol. 4, No. 22: 34- 38 (THAI)
“Wildlife trade in Thailand and implementation of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Flora and Fauna (CITES): Progress and challenges”, a research report for UNCTAD, co-authored with David Katz, 1997.
“Thailand and the Montreal Protocol: Assessing progress and impacts”, a research report for UNCTAD, co-authored with David Katz, 1997.
“Trade, investment and the environment: Thailand”, The Journal of Environment and Development, Vol. 6, No.3, September 1997.
“The compatibility of trade and environmental regulation: implications for Thailand and other developing nations”, co-authored with David Katz, Environmental Issues, Thailand Environment Institute, April 1997.
“Environment protection and international trade of Thailand”, a research report submitted to the Ministry of Commerce, Thailand. (THAI)
“Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs): A review”, Thailand Environment Institute, October 1996. (THAI)
“Thailand’s trade and environment”, a research report submitted to the ASEAN Secretariat, June 1996.
“Trade and the environment in Thailand”, a synthesis paper for UNCTAD, co-authored with David Katz, 1996.
“The interlinkages between trade and environment: Thailand”, a research report for UNCTAD/UNDP, 1996.
“Agricultural Trade and environment: Thailand and GATT”, a research report for TDRI, 1995.
“CITES and Thailand”, co-authored with Wicha Titipasert, Natural Resource Management Program, Thailand Environment Institute. (THAI)
“Poverty, Livelihoods and Biodiversity”, a paper presented at Antipoverty Programme, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, on October 11, 2008.
“Cooperation between China and Lower Mekong States with Shared Water: Issues and Challenges” to be published, co-authored with Prof. Dr. Hongyun Han.
“The Mekong Basin in a Transanationalized World Cooperation among Riparian states”, a paper for Tenth International Conference on Thai Studies (ICTS10) at Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand, co-authored with Han Hongyun, January 9-11, 2008.
“Cooperation among riparian states: Problems and Challenges”, a paper for International Conference “Critical Transitions in The Mekong Region organized by Regional Center for Social Science and Sustainable Development, Chiang Mai University, supported by Rockefeller Foundation and Heinrich Boll Foundation, January 29-31, 2007. (http://rcsd.soc.cmu.ac.th)
“Cooperation among Riparian States: Problems and Challenges”, a paper presented at Chiangmai University, co-authored with Prof. Dr. Hongyun Han, January 28-31, 2007.
“Labels for Life: Voluntary Labeling Schemes, Trade and Sustainable Development”, a paper presented at Chulalongkorn University Agroindustry Seminar, December 2006.
“Competitiveness dynamism of selected crops in Thai agriculture, with potential implications for Cambodia”, a report submitted to Cambodian Resources Development Institute (CDRI), 2005.
“Transboundary Analysis”, a National Report submitted to Mekong River Commission on behalf of Thai National Mekong Committee, February 2003.
“Thailand National Report on Impact Indicators”, a report submitted to Mekong River Commission on behalf of Thai National Mekong Committee, April 2003.
“Improving and Implementing Biodiversity Policy of Thailand”, a paper presented in Kualalumpur, Malaysia, February 27, 2001.
“Area-wide integration: economic assessments and policy proposals”, a report for FAO, Rome, and Department of Livestock Development, Thailand, 2001.
“Valuating non-timber products in Kaeng Sour Ten Site”, a research report for Biodiversity Research Thailand (BRT), in cooperation with others, 2000.
“Thailand’s national policy and programs on biodiversity”, a SEA-BD Net (Thailand) document, 1999.
“Thailand’s experience in highland resources management and transboundary dynamic issues”, a research paper submitted to World Resources Institute, 1999.
“Thai Agriculture in the New Millenium”, a paper presented at the Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Conference on Sustainable Agriculture in Pitsanulok Thailand, Naresuen University, Pitsanulok, October 18-20, 1999.
“Study on area-wide integration on crop and livestock activities”, a report for FAO, Rome, 1998.
“New Dimension of Environmental Management, with Application of Economic Principles”, research project report to the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB), co-authored, June 1998. (THAI)
“Livestock and the environment: the case of Thailand”, a report submitted to FAO, 1997.
“Access and Benefit Sharing: An Interpretation”, a paper presented at WWF Malaysia Regional Meeting in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1997.
“Environmental problems in the industrial sector: the case of Northern Industrial Estate”, Thailand Environment Institute, co-authored with Siriporn Kiratikarkul, 1997. (THAI)
“Promoting private investment in biodiversity conservation”, a paper presented at DANCED International Meeting on Biodiversity at Rim Kok Resort Hotel, Chiangrai, Thailand, co-authored with Matthew D Markopoulos, January 14-19, 1996.
“Concepts and measurements of social analysis in project appraisal”, Nihon University, Tokyo, Japan, RRIAP Circular, No 5, 1994.
“Assessment of sustainable highland agricultural systems”, Thailand Development Research Institute, co-researcher, June, 1994.
“Can Japanese agriculture survive?”, the Foundation of Social Science and Humanity, Textbooks, Bangkok, 1994. (THAI)
“Japan’s role in the development of the agricultural industry in Northern Thailand”, Journal of East Asian Studies, Vol. 5: 1-7, 1992.
“Thai sustainable agriculture in Farm management for higher income and conservation”, Department of Cooperative Promotion, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Bangkok, 1993. (THAI)
“Reforming EEC’s CAP for environmental conservation”, Staff paper no. 05/2535, Department of Agricultural Economics and Cooperatives, Faculty of Agriculture Business, Maejo University, Chiangmai, 1992. (THAI)
“Impacts of urbanization on agricultural economy of a small community in Northern Thailand”, in Takekazu, Ogura B. (ed.) Invitations to rural development in a distorted economy, Agriculture and Food Policy Research Center, Tokyo, 1990.
“Sources of inequality in European agricultural development and the process that sustains it”, Thai-French Farming Systems Research Project, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand, 1988. (THAI)
“An agro-socio-economic analysis of crops to replace opium in the highlands of Northern Thailand”, Funded by the USDA, 1988.
“Sources of productivity differences among Thai rice farmers”, in Kasetsart Journal (Social Science), vol.8 no.1, 1987.
“Land ownership and productivity: A case study of Thai rice farmers”, in Journal of Thai-Australian Technological Service Center, 8-16, 1986.
To be provided upon request.